Wednesday, March 23, 2011

willing to pay the price of detachment

Edgar Cayce in 1933 explained that he still understood very little about what he was doing.
"Apparently," he said, "I am one of the few who can lay aside their own personalities sufficiently to allow their souls to make this attunement to a universal source of knowledge...but I say this without any desire to brag about it. In fact I do not claim to possess anything that other individuals do not inherently possess. Really and truly, I do not believe there is a single individual that does not possess this same ability I have. I am certain that all human beings have much greater powers than they are ever conscious of... if they would only be willing to pay the price of detachment from self-interest that it takes to develop those abilities."

No comments:

Post a Comment